Allahabad Bank Education Loan Scheme
- Indian National who has secured admission to professional/ technical courses in recognized institutions in India or Abroad through Entrance Test/ Merit Based Selection Process after completion of H.S.C. (10 plus 2 OR equivalent).
Courses eligible for study in India:
- Approved courses leading to Graduate/ Posy-Graduate degree and P.G. Diplomas conducted by recognized Colleges/ Universities recognized by UGC/ Govt./ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR etc.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc.
- Courses conducted by IIMs, IITs/ IISc, XLRI, NIFT, NID etc.
- Regular Degree/ Diploma Courses like Aeronautical, Pilot Training, Shipping etc. approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/ Shipping, if the course is pursued in India.
- Approved courses offered in India by reputed Foreign Universities.
Courses eligible for Study abroad:
- Graduation: For Job oriented professional/technical courses offered by reputed Universities.
- Post Graduation: MCA, MBA, MS etc.
- Courses conducted by CIMA London, CPA in USA etc.
- Regular Degree/ Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., the Institute duly recognized by the Competent University/ State Body/ Local Aviation/ Shipping Authority.
The information on recognition status of the Institute may be gathered from the following websites:
www.webometrics.info(For studies abroad)
Quantum of Loan:
Need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents / students with following ceilings:
- Studies in India: Maximum Rs. 10.00 lac
- Studies abroad: Maximum Rs. 20.00 lac.
Expenses Considered for Loan
- Fee payable to College / School /Hostel
- Examination/Library/Laboratory Fee
- Purchase of Books / Equipments/ Instruments/ Uniforms.
- Caution Deposit/ Building Fund/ Refundable Deposit supported by Bills/Receipts of the Institution, subject to the conditions that amount does not exceed 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course.
- Travel Expenses/Passage Money for studies abroad.
- Purchase of Computers essential for completion of the course at reasonable cost.
- Insurance premium for student borrower.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course, such as- Study Tours, Project Work, and Thesis etc.
- Reimbursement of the fee paid at the time of counseling if applied within 60 days from the date of such payment.
- For loan upto Rs 4.00 lac: NIL
- For loan above Rs 4.00 lac:
(i) Studies in India: 5%
(ii) Studies abroad: 15%
- Scholarship / Assistantship to be included in Margin.
- Margin Money to be brought on year-to-year basis
Application of Interest:
- Simple interest during moratorium period.
- Service interest during moratorium period regularly and avail a special discount of 1.00% in interest rate.
- Repayment Holiday / Moratorium is €œCourse Period + 1 year€ or €œ6 months after getting job€, whichever is earlier.
- Loans up to Rs.7.50 Lac to be repaid within a maximum period of 10 years & those above Rs.7.50 Lac within a maximum period of 15 years after commencement of repayment period.
- For IIT/IIM/ISB(Indian School of Business, Hyderabad ), for loan upto Rs 10.00 lac- NIL, Only co-obligation of Parent / Guardian
- For others
- For loan upto Rs 4.00 lacs: NIL, Only co-obligation of Parent / Guardian
- For loan above Rs 4.00 lacs and upto Rs 7.50 lacs: Satisfactory third party guarantee & Co-obligation* of parent/ guardian.
- For loan above Rs 7.50 lacs: Co-obligation * of parents/ guardian & tangible collateral security covering full loan amount.
- From all our Branches, Retail Banking Boutiques and Centralized Retail Banking Boutiques
- On-line approval facility for leading 250 institutions within 72 hours.
Value added Service
- FREE Debit Card
- Group Life Insurance Cover to the extent of loan liability for entire repayment period is available.
- The parent / guardian would become co-borrower with the student
- Education Loan would be sanctioned preferably through branches / RBBs/ CRBBs nearest to the place of residence of parents.
- Second time education loan is available for higher studies / escalation of cost.
Source : ALLAHABAD BANK